Friday, July 16, 2010

Tis the Season...of Appointments

As I'm headed into my 3rd trimester shortly (feels crazy to say that), it feels like there are so many doctor appointments to remember.

I have another ob appt, 4 weeks from today--then I start going every other week. In 3 weeks, I need to schedule a growth ultrasound (for the gestational diabetes) and then I'll have ultra sounds every 3-4 weeks from them on. The around 32 weeks I will need a non-stress test on the baby. This is to make sure Grace is handling everything ok as we get closer to labor and delivery...also due to my gestational diabetes. I also have to go in for some blood work soon to check my iron levels.

The 2nd week of August, James and I are both taking the week off of work. We'll go up to Obglebay in WV for 2 nights...this will be our mini babymoon. I didn't know how to traveling I'd feel...so I wanted somewhere with a pool and a spa. Then we'll take the rest of the week to do some room prep for Grace (because my shower is Aug. 28th and we'll need to have the room ready to take on her stuff). We'll probably also do some Pittsburghy things that week like go to the museums or something.

Also, on a very fun note. I FELT GRACE ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY STOMACH FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!! She's been getting some pretty good kicks in for the last 3-4 days or so...I've been feeling her pretty much all throughout the day. So I kept feeling her pretty hard right next to my belly button. I placed my hand there for a minute and of course she stopped...then I started to watch my stomach because I really thought I saw it move once. Then a couple of minutes later she started up again and I placed my hand there and so felt her kick my hand! I started laughing and crying. I'm glad I don't share my office...people would have thought I was nuts.

1 comment:

  1. That first time is always amazing! Then you wait and wait and wait... :) Sam never got to see her move, because it was like she knew when I wanted all eyes on her :) So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete