Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Indepence Day!

We had a pretty tame weekend actually. Friday night we watched our nephew. We took him to the park and let him run around in the sprinkler there. The neighborhood park is about a 3-4 minute walk from our house. That will be amazing for when Grace is park age :-)
Here is looking cute :-) I was sitting in the grass while Uncle James followed him around the park. He walked up to me and gave this smile :-)

At first he wouldn't go near the sprinkler...then we couldn't get him out of it. He was running so fast through it!
This photo should seriously be on a poster for this park. Have you every seen a more excited kid!
Then on Saturday we worked/volunteered at our church's first community outreach picnic. It was a great turn out from the neighborhood. I more chased the nephew around and James was the one "working" but it was a good time. I got a bit sunburned. My nephew did not agree with my plan to hang out in the shade during the picnic.
Then on Sunday, we did a Target diaper run with some Target coupons I had. We are trying to stock up our diaper supply while we still have disposable income. Those little diapers add up! But I just don't see myself as a cloth diaper person...sorry.
Then we pretty much lounged around and did some housework...the only fireworks for us were watched on tv. This pregnant lady was not willing to brave the 90 degree heat and lack of bathroom facilities to watch the amazing down town fireworks this year.
Then on Monday, 2 old friends came over for lunch. One has 2 kiddos...James had fun entertaining them. And then other is pregnant with twins due just few weeks after me. We've come a long way since our 3rd grade playground days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment