Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby Basics

We attended our first class at the hospital we will be giving birth at. We attended Baby Basics. It was 3 hours long, and it went over everything from what tests and procedures the baby will go through at the hospital to some basics on feeding, bathing, SIDS, car seats, etc...

Here is James practicing how to put a diaper on a baby without hurting the belly button scab.

I think there were about 14 couples there. For the first 1/2 of the class (so for an hour and a half) one of us had to be holding the baby in a "safe" position the entire time. James actually held the baby for much longer than I did.

Here is James's swaddle.

So, Gracie still kicks away unless James is trying to feel her. It's gotten to the point where my whole stomach moves sometimes when I'm at work....and I can feel her when I put my hand where she is kicking. But when James tries to feel she either stops kicking or won't kick hard enough for him to feel. I took this photo a couple of nights ago. But I was laying propped up in bed and James was sitting in front of me with both of his hands on my stomach just waiting for her. His head was turned watching tv...






1 comment:

  1. poor james! graham never does his "tricks" when we want him to, even now. :)
    your babymoon sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete