Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Nursery


We've started to prepare the room for our Grace. This is the fun part of being pregnant...and much more exciting than worrying about all of the things that may go wrong.

We are painting the room 2 shades of blue. There is a very high chair rail going around the room...below the rail will be a darker blue and above will be a lighter blue. We are going to go with a sky/nature theme with the main focus being birds and branches. I'm ordering the following 2 wall decals. I just need to decide on color. I'm thinking of doing dark brown and white.




Both of these sets come with more birds than our pictures...so I'll have some bird decals to place around the room too. They are both from http://www.dalidecals.com/ . They have so many neat decals, I may just do my whole house in them :-)


Those decals will obviously be on the top half of the room...and the bottom half will be more meadow-ish. The bedding set we registers for from Babies R Us is called bunny meadow...below is a photo of the blanket.


So, I think our room colors are brown, green,and pink on a blue background... I'm as curious as anyone on how this will all come together :-)



2 comments:

  1. I love the decal website. Justin and I are thinking of buying a few for the office/ra space to jazz it up a bit... not too pricey (if you pick the right ones :)).

    Love the meadow theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I'm so glad you're blogging now!! love the nursery idea and I'll have to check out the decals, G's room needs a facelift. :)
    hope you're staying cool!!

    ReplyDelete