Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fetal Echocardiogram

I was assured that the ultra sounds have looked completely normal, but my ob told me to schedule a fetal echocardiogram. I have it scheduled for Friday. I'm nervous that something will be wrong with Grace's heart, but mostly I'm excited to see Grace on ultra sound again :-) From my understanding it is a powerful ultrasound machine that zooms in on the heart and will be performed by a fetal cardiologist. I guess if there is something wrong, knowing now is the best.

But my prayer is that Grace will continue to grow healthy and not have any complications.

I have a friend who says that I'm going to be a pregnancy expert after this as I've had every test possible. I'm thinking she's right :-)

James is coming with me on Friday. He's been there for every ultra sound, about 1/2 the ob appointments, and even came with me for some of the tests...what a good husband :-)

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well! I'll be thinking of you and Gracie on Friday... any reason why they are doing it... did they see something on an earlier scan? I guess I might have to scroll down to read more but I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've developed gestational diabetes. I guess there is some link to glucose and heart defects, but Grace's heart looks fine on a normal u/s and my gd was caught very early.

    ReplyDelete