Monday, September 13, 2010

The room is coming along...

I know that babies are a lot of work, but the prep work is crazy! I feel like we've been working on her stuff forever. Trying to figure out what we need now...what to pack up until later.... where to keep things (what floor of the house makes most sense for things).... it's never ending.

I can say that we finally do have everything up on the walls! Woo hoo! We finally finished the decals up this weekend. They were a little trickier than we thought because the walls are slightly textured in her room. Putting up these bird cages were so hard because of the textured walls. The decals pull off as you are trying to apply them because they aren't sticking flatly...and all of these thin pieces...it made for a long hard job. But I love how they look!


So we have the cherry blossom branch, the bird cages...and multiple birds around the room. We hope she will not have a fear of birds. Because after all of that work--they aren't coming down!
I am 31 weeks 3 days now...I can't believe we just have like 7.5 weeks to go!! I am going to talk to my doctor this week as to when it would make sense for me to stop working. The actual work part isn't bad--I'm at my desk the majority of the day, but the commute is getting difficult and sleep is increasingly difficult so I am so tired all day. Then starting next week I will have to go in for heart monitoring on Grace twice a week (nst--non stress test). That will add to my commuting significantly as I will be busing to another ob's office to do that.
Hopefully Grace's room will be completely done soon and I'll post some pics of the complete finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment