Monday, August 30, 2010

1st Baby Shower

SO EXCITED FOR OUR FIRST BABY SHOWER!
I will admit, over the 5 years of trying to conceive...attending baby showers was difficult. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to have one. So we were so excited to get to celebrate the pending arrival of our miracle baby! Here's the sign outside of the church.
and here is our arrival. A church friend, Kathy Adams, is sort of our church photographer and she acted as the paparazzi for the event. I still need to download the photos from my camera.
The shower favors were placed on the table in the shape of the letter "A"
and here's our cake!

My mom competing in one of the shower games. James took a crack at this too, but Arielle came out the winner (you can see she was watching closely for strategy).
Then there was present time. James was very handy to pile all of the gifts on as a I opened them :-) Thank you so much to all of our super generous family and friends! We have so much stuff to organize now and I'm sure Grace could feel the love...she was kicking me all day!



We are excited for our next shower hosted by James's family in Maryland over Labor Day weekend.
I can't believe I'm less than 10 weeks away from meeting our little Grace. God is so good!

















3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to miss it. :( looks like you got a lot of great gifts!! enjoy the sorting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While gifts are always nice :) something about a group of people coming together to celebrate you and show you love is amazing! Glad it went well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll be sorting still well after Grace has arrived. Trying to wrap my head around what I'll need right away...what to pack away...where to pack it... how not to forget I have it.... makes my head spin.

    It was so nice to have everyone together. Grace is very loved already!

    ReplyDelete